Monday, August 6, 2012

Pigs are friends....and food.

Dinner conversation at our house is never dull, ever. But of course when your child is the one named Cheese how can it be?

Dinner is served, we are having a Kentucky tradition for dinner, hot browns. For those who don't know what a hot brown is I will explain. It is turkey or chicken served on top of toast, topped with bacon and tomatoes and then smothered in a cheese sauce. They are out of this world. Of course, Cheese has no tomato on hers.

Everyone is gathered around the table, hot browns set before us. We are digging in and I eye my eldest daughter slurping her bacon up like a piece of spaghetti. I watch amazed at how quickly and efficiently she achieves this.

She catches me eyeballing her and turns to look at me. Some times when she does this the hair on my arms stands up because it is purely evil but tonight it was questioning. Her look read "What the fuck do you want?" and "Take a picture, it will last longer."

"You really love bacon, don'tcha Cheese?"

"Yup, I love bacon. It's good for my belly."

Keep in mind this child probably consumes as much bacon as Wendy's uses in a week on baconators. She could survive solely on bacon alone.

"Mommy, do you think Papa would buy me a pig to keep at his house?"

"Hmmm, good question Cheese. Why do you want a pig? They poop a lot you know."

"I am okay with that. He would be in a field anyway, not like it's our carpet. But baby pigs are cute. They are cuddly and fuzzy and sweet...."

Dramatic pause inserted here because she knows how to work the room.

"And then when they grow up you can kill them and make bacon!"

*cough and choke on my bite*

"You would kill your pet?"

"Yep, the world needs ham mommy."

Point taken, enough said.

"Yes the world needs ham but it wouldn't need your ham, there are farms that grow pigs just for that purpose."

"Well then the ham would be all mine. Bacon for every day."

Bacon for every day folks. And for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment